- $800,000 – SETTLED: trip/slip and fall – 40-year-old woman who slipped in a puddle of water
- $450,000 – SETTLED: medical negligence that led to a wrongful death – patient with COPD had her lung blown-out
- $400,000 – SETTLED: workers compensation matter – middle aged woman she tripped over a box on the floor covering an electrical receptacle at an airport
- $375,000 – SETTLED: motorcycle accident – a car versus motorcycle collision
- $345,000 - SETTLED: car accident - female realtor involved in a rear-end automobile collision A female realtor involved in a rear-end automobile collision. As a result of the injuries, client underwent knee surgery (total knee replacement) with a permanent disability rating. Although amicable resolution was explored, suit had to be filed but eventually during mediation, a collective settlement of $345,000.00 was globally obtained among the several defendants.
- $325,000 - SETTLED: product liability/dangerous product - 38-year-old heavy smoker who suffered a heart attack after taking a dietary supplementMr. Buky and Mr. Weinstein co-counseled a case that involved a 38-year-old heavy smoker who suffered a heart attack after taking a dietary supplement containing Ephedra. His lawsuit was one of the first cases litigated against the makers and distributors of this harmful ingre- dient. The Defendant, a national manufacturer of dietary supplements and vitamins, argued that the cause of this man’s heart attack was his heavy smoking and obesity, not Ephedra. Through intensive and costly scientific investigation, as well as discovery taken of corporate executives at their New York office that uncovered a lot of “dirt,” the Defendant agreed to a settlement of $325,000 for their client shortly before trial.
- $305,000 - SETTLED: motor-vehicle/golf cart/homeowner insurance claim - minor teenage boy who was a passenger on a golf-cart that flippedIn a case where a fellow attorney referred a case to Sokoloff & Weinstein, P.A. involving a minor teenage boy who was a passenger on a golf-cart that flipped causing a “de-gloving” injury to the his lower leg, resulting in emergency surgery, care and multiple reconstructive surgeries over a period of time, a case was made against homeowner’s insurance, the total policy limit of $300,000.00 was eventually tendered to the injured party and an additional $5,000.00 was also paid from the Medical Payment provisions of that same policy.
- $299,000 – SETTLED: workers compensation matter – plumber who injured his back on the job
- $285,000 – SETTLED: Tractor Trailer/Car Accident- 41 year-old-male maintenance contractor in a car collision
- $275,000 – SETTLED: neglect/wrongful death – An elderly woman in a nursing home
- $196,000 - SETTLED: car accident - rear-end motor vehicle collision occurring in California for a 29-year old Sergeant in the United States Navy In January 2016, Seth T. Weinstein, Esq., co-director at Sokoloff & Weinstein, P.A., resolved a rear-end motor vehicle collision occurring in California where his client, a 29-year old Sergeant in the United States Navy who was recently deployed to Palm Beach County, Florida, after obtaining limited medical treatment in California, sustained a bulging and herniated lumbar disc as successive levels requiring minimally invasive lumbar disc decompression and discectomy locally in Palm Beach County for $196,000.00.
- $150,000 - SETTLED: motor vehicle vs. pedestrian - 76 year old retired man was hit by an oncoming car A 76 year old retired man was hit by an oncoming car on Indiantown Road when entering a crosswalk. The officer believed that the vehicle was traveling approximately 12 mph at the point of impact. The client suffered internal post-traumatic changes of the right and left lateral proximal thigh, 5thÿfinger distal phalanx fracture, blood transfusion secondary to the internal bleeding precipitated by the collision, ecchymosis requiring repeated surgical aspiration, one surgery for the right hip contusion with retroperitoneal bleeding, another surgery for the right buttock contusion with retroperitoneal bleeding, contusions, hematomas, two episodes of syncope secondary to hypotensive septic shock from urinary infection which led to aÿheart attackÿnecessitating cardiac catheterization. The case settled for the $150,000.00 the total policy limits from all available insurance.
- $145,000.00 – SETTLED: workers compensation matter – worker back injury
- $125,000 - SETTLED: car accident - rear end auto collision A 53 year old CPA was involved in a rear end auto collision in Lake Worth. MRI studies revealed disc herniations in the cervical and lumbar spine. Client underwent epidural injections into the lumbar and cervical spine. Cervical and lumbar surgery was recommended but never undergone. $125,000.00 was paid (100K from BI insurer & 25K from the UIM coverage) during mediation.
- $100,000 – SETTLED: car accident – 65 year old woman passenger involved in auto collision by uninsured motorist
- $100,000 – SETTLED: 3-car accident – 50 year-old woman’s car pushed into other cars due to force of collision
- $100,000 – SETTLED: taxi accident – 47 year-old woman passenger injured in taxi crash through store front
- $100,000 - SETTLED: car accident - 68 year old retired man was involved in a moderate impact auto collisionA 68 year old retired man was involved in a moderate impact auto collision in Palm Beach County resulting in a T-bone type collision. The client underwent three surgical procedures:ÿ left shoulder arthoscopy, torn rotator cuff repair and bicepts tenodesis with a resulting in a minimal 3% whole body impairment. A $100,000.00 pre-suit settlement was accepted by the client.
- $100,000 - SETTLED: car accident - 45 year old female home-maker was involved in a collision with a School District vehicle A 45 year old female home-maker was involved in a collision with a School District vehicle that was following too closely. As a result, the client underwent pre-operative epidural injections an anterior cervical micro-discectomy (ACD) as well as a series of three post-surgical facet block injections with fluoroscopy. The client was given a permanent disability rating and prior to the need for filing, $100,000.00 wasÿpaid by Palm Beach County School Board per Florida Statue 768.28(5)’-which was the maximum cap allowable at that time.
- $85,000 - SETTLED: Slip and Fall Workers Compensation - employee for the Martin County Sheriff’s Office, who slipped and fell on a wet floorPlaintiff was an employee for the Martin County Sheriff’s Office, who slipped and fell on a wet floor at work injuring her lower back, in 2016.
$85,000.00 total settlement achieved in May 2018, through the Office of the Judges of Compensation Claims – Port St. Lucie District Office.
- $75,000 – SETTLED: worker’s comp and auto accident – middle-aged man was the victim of an automobile collision while on-the-job
- $60,490 – SETTLED: worker’s compensation and auto accident – middle-aged man was the victim of an automobile collision while on-the-job
- $60,000 – SETTLED: personal injury car acccident claim in lieu of worker’s compensation – police officer t-boned by impaired driver
- $55,000 – SETTLED: worker’s compensation and auto accident – middle-aged woman was the victim of a rear-end automobile collision while on-the-job
- $250,000 - PENDING: car accident - multi-vehicle rear-end collision caused by an impaired driver who was driving with a suspended/revoked driver's license In February 2016, Seth T. Weinstein, Esq. and Elliot J. Sokoloff, co-directors at Sokoloff & Weinstein, P.A., resolved a multi-vehicle rear-end collision caused by an impaired driver who was driving with a suspended/revoked driver’s license, where their client, a middle-aged Autism-Related-Disorder specialist and local middle school teacher, sustained two MR-documented cervical herniated discs with bulging discs above and below the levels of herniation, positive EMG/NCV testing, a failed regimen of cervical epidural steroid injections (ESIs) and facet blocks, ultimately requiringÿ a 4-level posterior spinal fusion/arthrodesis at C3-4, C4-5, C5-6 and C6-7 with left iliac crest graft harvest. The underlying BI claim resolved with a $250,000.00 single policy limit tender while the UIM and Umbrella claims remain pending.
Insurance adjusters are trained professionals. When they receive a demand package or a demand from settlement from an attorney’s office, they will typically throw out a feeler offer out there. The first offer of settlement is very, very rarely the last offer of settlement. Therefore, we advise someone to retain an attorney early on from the beginning of their case so that it can properly be packaged and presented to an insurance company to begin with.
Disclaimer: All verdicts and settlements listed here are gross amounts before deductions for attorney fees and costs. Past results do not guarantee similar results in the future. Most cases result in a lower recovery. It should not be assumed that your case will have as beneficial a result.