Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
A personal injury lawsuit involves two sides – the plaintiff (you) and the defendant (the at-fault party). Your Broward County personal injury attorney will fight for you on those two fronts:
1. Showing that the defendant was negligent. Starting with their legal obligation to protect you from harm. Then attesting to their breach of duty by failing to foresee and mitigate hazards that should be clear to a reasonable person in the same circumstances. Finally, they will demonstrate that your injuries were caused directly by the events leading to your loss.
2. Proving your injuries (physical, psychological, or monetary loss) and quantifying the number of damages needed to compensate you for the loss you have suffered because of the accident, for example:
- Medical costs – current and future
- Lost wages and loss of the ability to earn
- Pain and suffering caused by your injury and the associated medical treatment
- Mental anguish because of the accident’s impact on your emotional state
- If your spouse was killed or the relationship was deleteriously affected because of the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for loss of consortium (companionship).
- Punitive damages are used to hold particularly egregious parties accountable.
Personal Injury Attorney Broward County
For exceptional legal counsel, look for a Broward County personal injury attorney who has the backing of a firm with decades of experience, extraordinary investigative skills, and resourceful methods for obtaining the witnesses and documentation required to establish and prosecute your case.