Because the state of Florida makes it mandatory for every insured driver carry at least $10,000 in Property Damage Liability Coverage (PD), you have the option of a damage claim against the other party’s PD. Or you may claim from your collision coverage insurer to repair your car quickly if you maintained such. They would then go after the vehicle that was at fault to try to recoup their money through a process called subrogation where in exchange for them paying for your collision damage, you assign your property damage rights to your own insurance company. Either way, first take detailed photos of the damage to your automobile – various angles of the windshield, steering wheel, seat tracks, whatever is damaged – and submit them to your Sokoloff & Weinstein, P.A. attorney before you have the vehicle repaired.