Simply, yes. If your car accident injuries have caused you to lose income – wages while you recover or a prevailing disability that thwarts your ability to earn in the future – you will need to substantiate your claim with appropriate documentation. So long as you have PIP benefits in Florida, such can also be used to pay 60% of lost wages with the remaining 40% being the responsibility of the at fault party(ies). Once PIP is exhausted, 100% of the lost wages would be a claim against the at-fault party(ies). Start by keeping a precise record of all days lost from work as a result of your injuries.